Last Updated: September 1, 2017
MiniStorage and its affiliates provide services to you subject to the following terms and conditions:
MiniStorage’s website, ministorage.net, allows you to reserve or rent a unit from MiniStorage directly. Our site also provides you with the ability to reserve or potentially rent a unit from non-MiniStorage facilities through our referral network. MiniStorage is not in partnership with non-MiniStorage facilities within the referral network, and cannot control their actions. Therefore, our terms and conditions are separated into two categories: MiniStorage facilities and non-MiniStorage facilities.
Features and amenities vary by facility. Please contact facilities directly to confirm features and amenities.
Unit Information and Sizing
Actual unit sizes may vary from approximate size estimates. Please inspect any unit before renting. Online pricing available only for online reservations and rentals. Unit sizes advertised for rental do not reference net or usable space and are given for illustration purposes. Units are not rented on a price per square foot basis and all pricing is unit-specific for each particular unit. Not sure about the size you need? Don't worry, online pricing discount will be honored for any rental originating from an online reservation.
Subject to change. Offered only on selected units. Subject to availability. This offer applies only to the rental fee. Other restrictions, taxes, and fees, including an administrative fee, apply. See contract for full details. Promotions good for new customers only. Not available on transfers or additional spaces. Pricing subject to change. Reservation required to guarantee price. Offer has no cash value. Features may vary by location. Just mention this promotion at a participating MiniStorage location while leasing to see if this promo applies to your unit and to get the special offer.
A reservation is not a rental agreement. A reservation holds your selected unit type for you, for a maximum of five (5) days. However, management reserves the right to cancel your reservation, or make a unit substitution, at any time before you sign a lease agreement and rent a unit. We encourage you to rent a unit online, as demand for storage units is particularly high.
Promotions and Offers
All promotions, specials, and offers are for new customers only and are based upon unit availability and unit sizes. Please contact facilities directly to confirm the availability of a particular promotion, special, or offer. Promotions, specials, and offers cannot be combined.
All promotions, specials, and offers are subject to the standard fees for rentals, such as an administration fee and the protection plan fee if applicable. Therefore, additional fees will apply if a new customer utilizes a promotion, including the month(s) free promotions.
All pricing (standard rates as well as promotions, specials, and offers) is subject to change or termination without notice. Online pricing may be lower.
Online enrollment in auto pay constitutes electronic signature, which has the same effect as a handwritten signature on a paper contract. Enrollment in auto pay authorizes
MiniStorage to automatically charge your credit card or debit card, or debit your bank account, monthly, for the amount due on your bill. The amount debited will automatically increase or decrease as the rental rates increase or decrease in accordance with your Rental Agreement.
To cancel your auto pay, please contact your facility or our corporate office at the telephone number below.
If there is a change to your bank or card information, including the expiration date, you must sign in to your online account or contact your facility to update your auto pay information.
MiniStorage is not liable for erroneous bill statements or incorrect debits or charges. However, if notified of a billing error, MiniStorage will correct it.
If an auto pay payment is rejected, refused, returned, disputed, or reversed by your financial institution or card issuer for any reason, MiniStorage may charge you a returned payment fee and/or late payment fee, and cancel your auto pay enrollment. MiniStorage will attempt to give you a courtesy call to make other payment arrangements. However, if payment is not made, you will be subject to the lien enforcement procedures stated in your Rental Agreement.
Your stored items are not covered by MiniStorage's insurance policy. MiniStorage offers a Tenant Insurance Plan so your stored items can be covered under certain circumstances. Please review our details.
Trademarks & Copyright
MiniStorage is a registered trademark.
All content and web design on MiniStorage’s website, mobile app, and other technology platforms, belongs to MiniStorage and cannot be copied or reused. Reposting our content is also prohibited. Similarly, content cannot be reposted or reused even if changes are made to the content in order to avoid copyright infringement.
Links to Other Sites
MiniStorage's website may link to third party websites MiniStorage does not control. We make no representations or warranties about such third party sites, nor do we endorse such sites or their content.
MiniStorage's website, mobile app, and any other technology platforms are provided “as is” without any representations or warranties. We are not responsible for failures, such as network connectivity or transmissions failures, or technical, hardware and/or software failures.
Terms and conditions may be changed at any time without notice. Revised terms and conditions will be posted here, with the date revised noted.
MiniStorage is formed and does business within California. The laws of California shall apply.
Non-MiniStorage Facilities (Referral Network)
At MiniStorage we put the customer first. If we don’t have a storage facility in your neighborhood, we want to help you find one. Therefore, we allow you to search for non-MiniStorage facilities on our website. You can even reserve or potentially rent a unit from a non-MiniStorage facility on our website. This gives you a seamless web user experience that we think is important.
However, we do not own or manage these facilities. We cannot control or influence these facilities, nor make any warranties, representations, or guarantees regarding their customer service or storage quality.
Use of the Website
As a condition of your use of this website, you warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years of age;
- You possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation;
- You will use this website in accordance with this Agreement;
- You will only use this website to make legitimate self storage unit reservation(s) for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act;
- All information supplied by you on this website is true, accurate, current and complete;
- If you make a reservation or otherwise transact online with MiniStorage, you will safeguard your login information and will supervise and be completely responsible for login by anyone other than you. We retain the right at our sole discretion to deny anyone access to this website and the self storage units we offer, at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, for violation of this Agreement.
Use of Mobile Site
MiniStorage’s mobile site is provided in the same way, for the same purposes, and under the same conditions as the website. By accessing or using the mobile site in any manner, you agree to be bound by the Agreement. If you do not accept all of these terms and conditions, please do not use the mobile site.
Use of Digital Call Records
MiniStorage uses technology that records incoming telephone calls. If you initiate a call to one of our tracked phone numbers, we will, at our discretion, create a digital audio recording of the telephone call. We represent and warrant that we have established proper procedures to protect the privacy of all callers in connection with call recording services, and otherwise fully comply with all applicable laws, regulations and governmental or self-regulatory guidelines. A voice alert is played at the beginning of each call to notify callers that the call will be recorded. Our use of the call recording is for quality assurance, customer service, and data tracking purposes only. If you choose to allow yourself to be recorded by continuing with the phone call after the recording notification, you expressly agree and acknowledge that:
- Our employees, contractors, officers, agents, authorized representatives or other trusted third parties may listen to a call that has been recorded on our behalf;
- Recording, transcribing, monitoring, analyzing and archiving calls may include, without limitation, the reporting and archiving of personal and non-personal data related to such calls;
- You shall determine in advance, in your sole discretion without reliance on us, whether the use of the call recording is appropriate and legal for you. You may elect not to use or to cease use of the call recording.
- MiniStorage shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of the call recordings and their contents, including any personal information provided by you or commentary made by you.
The content and information on this website (including, but not limited to, price and availability of self storage units), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to us or our suppliers and providers. While you may make limited copies of your self storage reservation(s) and related documents for self storage unit(s) booked through this website, you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or units obtained from or through this website.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use this website or its contents for any commercial purpose;
- Make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand;
- Access, monitor or copy any content or information of this website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this website;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Deep-link to any portion of this website (including, without limitation, the rental path for any self storage related information) for any purpose without our express written permission; or
- "Frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of this website into any other website without our prior written authorization.
Supplier Rules and Restrictions
Separate terms and conditions will apply to any reservation and rental of self storage unit(s) that you select. Please read these separate terms and conditions carefully. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions of rental imposed by any self storage space supplier with whom you elect to deal, including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with the supplier's rules and restrictions regarding availability and use of rates, products, or units. You acknowledge that some third-party providers offering certain services and/or activities may require you to sign their liability waiver prior to participating in the service and/or activity they offer. You understand that any violation of any such supplier's rules and restrictions may result in cancellation of your reservation(s), in your being denied access to the applicable self storage unit(s), in your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s), and/or in our debiting your account for any costs we incur as a result of such violation.
If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by us infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a written notice that includes the following information:
- A clear identification of the copyrighted work you claim was infringed;
- A clear identification of the material you claim is infringing the copyrighted work, and information that will allow us to locate that material on the website, such as a link to the infringing material;
- Your contact information so that we can reply to your complaint, preferably including an email address and telephone number;
- A statement that you have a "good faith belief that the material that is claimed as copyright infringement is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law";
- A statement that "the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed";
- The notice must be signed by the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MiniStorage, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of your use of the website and services, including but not limited to out of your violation of any representation or warranty contained in these Terms and Conditions.
We will review and address all notices that comply with the requirements above.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that you may be liable for damages if you make a false claim of copyright infringement.
Notices with respect to this website should be sent to:
Self Storage Management Company, P.O. Box 90855, Los Angeles, CA 90009